- Visitors to Scotland and the UK must hold a valid passport before starting their journey. Children may require their own passports.
- All visitors who wish to enter the UK must meet the requirements of the UK immigration regulations.
- EU citizens can stay in Scotland as long as required.
- Visitors from other countries may need a visa.
Obtaining a E.U. visa may require a visit to a E.U. consulate or embassy, payment of a fee, and significant wait time. The information on this page is provided as a courtesy, and is subject to change. Please contact your local U.K. consulate or embassy for up-to-date information.
Visa letters will only be issued to
- Committee Members
- Attendees who have paid their registration fee in full and are not from one of the countries embargoed by the U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (Cuba, Iran, Libya, and Sudan).
Letter of invitation
A letter of invitation is provided only after you have completed registration for the conference and paid the conference registration fee. Such a letter may be needed to obtain a visa or permission to attend the meeting. If you require an invitation letter please contact Shelby Lussier via email. The letter will be provided by email only.
In your email, provide the following information: complete name, mailing address, and any other details that your country of residence requires for your visa application. The Conference cannot contact or intervene with any U.S. Embassy or Consulate office abroad on your behalf so please begin your visa application process as soon as you determine that you want to attend ISSE 2019. Please provide as much information as possible to avoid delays in receiving your letter. You must register for the conference before requesting an invitation letter. Please note that no registration refunds will be given to those who have received Invitation Letters.